The Applications Engineer for BHS Robotics builds and manages strategic applications and engineering of systems and growth opportunities for BHS Robotics. Using best engineering practices with a consultative approach, the Applications Engineer engages with clients, sales staff, and engineering to fully understand their needs and develop solutions. With our history of strong customer relationships, and an account-based sales strategy, you’ll become a trusted partner to our clients. Work with our experienced, cross-functional team to develop best solutions to sell standard solutions as well as custom built, large scale, complex systems.
- Knowledge of the capital equipment industry, customer’s expectations, competitors and manufacturing practices
- Proven track record of supporting sales in the automation capital goods industry
- Able to gather information from all levels to develop strategic automation solutions.
- Ability to create professional quotes, develop bills of materials and budgets.
- Ability to work with suppliers and partners to build strong relationships.
- A strong technical background with an ability to present solutions in person, electronically, verbally and know what delivery method is best per circumstance (strong communication skills)
- Ability to be creative in thinking, with an advanced knowledge of manufacturing and engineering practices.
- Outgoing, personable business development skills, that relates to others and easily establishes rapport.
- Proactive in promoting and reinforcing the values and operating principles that define the desired culture at BHS Robotics
- Other duties as assigned by manager
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Develop automation system solutions
- Provide CAD/Solidworks layouts to support sales
- Develop quotes in support of the solutions engineered
- Develop budgets and costing of those solutions
- Work with the team to present the solution when needed
- Engineering and mechanical design
- Support the engineering department with mechanical design
- Support detailing of mechanical designs.
- Work with build group when necessary during system build
- New Market Development
- Discover new products, markets and applications
- Work with R&D group to develop next IP
- Identify new market potential
- General / Administration
- Manage leads in the sales funnel, using CRM for account tracking, reporting, internal communication and follow up.
- Respond to RFQs
- Present concept/proposal
- Keep current on industry and market trends, new technology, tools and software.
- High School Diploma
- Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent preferred
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- 5 + years prior experience required as an application engineer in an automation company.
- CRM experience and experience utilizing MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint based quotation tools required
- Experience preparing and presenting solutions in person, electronically and verbally required
- Sales and Business Development experience in automation or related technical field desired
- Experience in CAPEX, manufacturing and OEM market places desired
- Engineering background in design, build, and install or service of custom equipment manufacturing desired
- AutoCad/Solidworks advanced capabilities
Occasional overnight, weekend, international and extended travel as required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Valid auto insurance required
- Valid passport