Senior HR Generalist
The Senior HR Generalist provides day-to-day and strategic HR support to achieve business goals and objectives. This is a highly visible position providing a broad range of HR activities including payroll/benefits administration, staffing, onboarding, safety and health, performance management, legal compliance, and employee relations.
- Designs, plans and implements human resources programs and policies.
- Works with management and recruiter for recruitment and staffing of all open positions.
- Participates in the annual benefits renewals and recommends changes to management. Participates in open enrollment process.
- Responsible for working with immigration attorney to obtain visas and or green cards for International employees.
- Acts as resource to managers and employees in employee relations matters including disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Partners with Training Manager in managing LMS courses and assisting employees with functionality and course availability.
- Partners with Safety Manager to provide input into safety program and facilitate implementation of programs with management.
- Works with parent company, broker, managers, customers and employees to provide all documentation required for worker’s compensation and auto insurance policies.
- Manages performance and compensation programs.
- Provides back up and assistance to all areas of Human Resources, as necessary.
- Manages special HR projects such as new software implementations.
- B.A. Degree in related discipline and 5+ years experience in a Human Resource Generalist role responsible for a broad range of HR functions.
- Experience with software related to payroll, benefits administration, performance management and other HR functional areas.
- Ability to communicate well with employees and managers.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Proficiency in MS office programs to include Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently.