Regional Sales Manager
BHS Corrugated North America is seeking a Regional Sales Representative to join our team in the Midwest.
About the Job:
The Sales Manager is responsible for generating leads on all new projects involving corrugating equipment. This should be accomplished by maintaining contact with all facilities in their region and cultivating business relationships with major decision makers. Additionally, the sales manager should have a good understanding of the business climate in their territory i.e. expansion, contraction, mergers etc. and be ready to provide solutions to their customers.
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with all customers, both existing and potential, in their territory.
- Basic requirements include periodic visits to site, identifying future projects and having an overall knowledge of the business Climate in their territory.
- Once projects are identified the sales manager is required to:
- Make initial contact with customer to present BHS options.
- Work with customer to determine which BHS machines will meet their production goals.
- Generate and present BHS machinery proposals / options, layout drawings and sales literature.
- Setup opportunity for the customer to visit BHS installations for reference.
- Continue to follow up with the customer until a final decision is made.
- Once a project is purchased by the customer the sales manager works with project engineering to achieve a successful project start up. These responsibilities include:
- Providing proposals for any change orders
- Clarification of any details that are outside of standard scope
- Advocating for both BHS and the customer when complications arise.
- Responsible for cultivating and maintaining corrugating roll business. This includes:
- Selling new corrugating rolls
- Regrinding existing corrugating rolls, pressure rolls, side frames and carts, for all corrugating equipment, not just BHS.
- Responsible for working with corrugating roll product manager to generate NICE roll, glue and metering roll exchange and CARE cart business.
The person who will be successful in this position will be personable, self-motivated, detail-oriented, work well independently, and have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Educational minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-years sales experience with 3 years industry experience
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Technical background (Engineering) is preferred but not required
- Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CRM
90,000-115,000 plus commission
BHS is the world’s largest provider of solutions for the corrugated industry. We are a privately-owned company, headquartered out of Germany, with more than 50 years in the corrugated industry. BHS has had a presence in North America for over 25 years, primarily focusing on sales and service of corrugated equipment.