BHS Corrugated North America is seeking a Project Engineer, with experience in the corrugated industry, to ensure production processes are carried out according to goals set forth by management.
About the Job:
As a Project Engineer with BHS Corrugated, you are responsible for ensuring that production, upgrades, and installation of BHS’s corrugated equipment meets goals set forth by management, and customers. Your responsibility will be to:
- Provide technical knowledge to customers prior to and throughout the installation of new equipment to ensure on-time startup of equipment:
- Generate CAD drawings of extensive machine installations for proposals and purchase orders.
- Conduct detailed surveys of plants’ floorplans, machine arrangements, and auxiliary systems.
- Schedule comprehensive machine installations including the shut down and startup of plants.
- Coordinate manpower according to progress of machine installations to meet milestones.
- Once a project is assigned, the Project Engineer is required to:
- Manage projects from purchase order to final acceptance and payment.
- Make initial contact with customer to setup pre-installation meeting.
- Plan and manage all aspects of projects to keep within schedules and budgets.
- Create schedule and verify with customer and contractors.
- Coordinate installation and all corresponding responsibilities.
- Verify all machinery layouts and building dimensions for installation.
- Continue to follow up with the customer until a final acceptance is received.
- Act as the liaison between customers and BHS Germany:
- Negotiate contracts between BHS, customers, and outside contractors.
- Interact daily with international contacts (sales, project, design, manufacturing, shipping, service).
- Coordinate with international logistic companies to schedule container deliveries.
- Facilitate interaction between international contacts, outside contractors, and customers.
- Provide technical support to the sales team:
- Support sales group during all aspects of the proposal process.
- Support the sales team with technical information, budgetary estimates regarding contractors and measure up for layout discussions.
- Project Manager of M2P (Maintenance to Productivity) program large scale interventions and upgrades:
- Establish schedules / Gantt Charts, contractors, etc. and hold project meetings to keep customer up to date on status of project.
- Act as project engineer on larger scale production / M2P issues to ensure proper resources are assigned. Including production analysis, etc.
- Work with upgrades to ensure proper planning of obsolescence as well as properly create and communicate obsolescence plan to the customer at the M2P site in conjunction with M2P personnel.
- Provide exceptional customer service to ensure customer satisfaction throughout installation and upgrade projects:
- Coordinate service interventions to maintain deadlines and customer satisfaction.
- Provide ongoing customer support through frequent contact and on-site visits.
7. Other duties as assigned
You can be based anywhere in North America, however frequent travel to different customer sites, and M2P locations across the country will be required. BHS has offices in Baltimore, MD and Knoxville, TN, but we have employees who represent us in 19 states.
The person who will be successful in this position will be a detail-oriented team player who is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while providing excellent customer service to both external and internal customers.
- Ideal candidate will have BSME and 5 years of industry experience.
- CAD experience is also required.
- Must be a “team player” able to manage multiple projects.
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time including weekends as on-site coverage is needed for installations.
Your salary is based on your relevant experience and knowledge in the corrugated industry.
Your benefits will include health, dental and vision insurance, vacation time, personal/sick time and company paid benefits including: life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability. BHS also offers a generous 401k match and tuition reimbursement!